Responsible and ethical management has long been an intrinsic value of Great-West Lifeco and is essential to long-term profitability and value creation. In addition to meeting the ethical standards set out in Great-West Lifeco’s Code of Conduct (PDF)Opens in a new window, Great-West Lifeco strives to:
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
- Meet its responsibilities to minimize its environmental impact;
- Make a positive contribution in the communities where ?Great-West Lifeco and its companies are established.
Our 2018 Public Accountability Statement (PDF)Opens in a new window illustrates our approach to corporate social responsibility across Canada.
Great-West Lifeco was once again recognized in 2018 as a leader in carbon management, earning an A- (leadership) rating from CDP.
We were the highest ranked Canadian insurance company on the CDP’s annual list and among the top seven companies across Canada. This achievement reflects our commitment to reporting high quality carbon emissions data and reducing carbon emissions across our operations.
For further information on how Great-West Lifeco and its subsidiaries manage climate change-related risks and opportunities, view our full responses to the CDP’s Climate Change Questionnaire:
- 2019 CDP Climate Change Questionnaire (PDF)Opens in a new window
- 2018 CDP Climate Change Questionnaire (PDF)Opens in a new window
- 2017 CDP Climate Change Questionnaire (PDF)Opens in a new window
- 2016 CDP Climate Change Questionnaire (PDF)Opens in a new window
Our?2018 ESG scorecard (PDF)Opens in a new window?contains standardized Environmental, Social and Governance?(ESG) disclosures for Great-West Lifeco’s global operating companies.